Types of Communication:
- Based on Communication Channels
- Verbal Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Based on Style and Purpose
- Formal Communication
- Informal Communication
- It is systematic and orderly flow of ideas.
- the source of communication can be easily located.
- It provides support to authority of supervisor over subordinate.
- It facilitates control.
- It is slow moving since it flows through the scalar chain of command.
- It is impersonal i.e. personal warmth and involvement are lacking.
- sometimes accurate information may be with held due to likelihood of unfavourable
- effects or to avoid criticism.